Do not swallow liquids, spit out when done.
- Salt Water: Mix a heaping spoonful of salt in a small glass of lukewarm to warm water, swoosh around inside your mouth for as long as you can, spit out. Repeat a couple times.
- Cloves: This is an old timer’s remedy, rest a clove against the sore area until pain goes away. You can also use a drop or two of clove oil (too much can be toxic) or make a thick paste of ground cloves and water or ground cloves and olive oil.
- Alcohol: Swoosh a bit of whiskey, scotch, brandy or vodka. A strong mouthwash that contains alcohol will do the trick too.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Swoosh a bit of hydrogen peroxide. If the taste is too horrid for you, try diluting with a bit of water.
- Vanilla Extract: Saturate a cotton ball with vanilla and hold in place. Can also use a cotton swab dipped in extract.
- Almond Extract: Same method of treatment as with Vanilla (above).
- Peppermint Extract: Same as with Vanilla (above).
- Lemon Extract: Same as with Vanilla (above).
- Tea Tree Oil: Just a drop or two will do the trick. You can also add some to a cotton swab and hold in place or add a few drops of tea tree oil to a small glass of lukewarm to warm water and swoosh this around.
- Oil Of Oregano: Mix a few drops with a bit of olive oil, then saturate a cotton ball with mixture. Can replace the olive oil with lukewarm water if preferred.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and hold it in place. Can also try regular household vinegar.
- Ginger Root: Take a fresh piece of ginger and chew it a bit.
- Garlic: Take a clove of garlic, smash it and apply (settle it inside cheek). You can also mash some garlic with salt.
**The one that works best for me is gargling cayenne pepper