Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday 13- these are a few of my favorite thing ..(So many but here are the biggees)

1- rain - glorious rain, blowing rain, light rain any kind.I love the fresh nourishment

2-Sun - not blinding bright humid sun, but light , leading my way(I lived for years where skys were always dark)

3-Trees - for as long as I could remember trees were my friend. They held my swing and tire as achild, my hammock later and now provide raw unparalleled beauty


4-Flowers - wild flowers, fist full, domestic flowers vases throughout the house. I see beauty everywhere

5- Mountains- I'm from the mountain state of Wva and I find them  comforting and sheltering.

6- streams , rivers rather than big bodies of water. Floating down them, I think a river cruise would be the perfect relaxation

7- the moon this week has been a silver orb of guidance for me

8-My granddaughter's voice - not now but when she was younger she had a lilting  uplifting joy in everything

9- my pets - some favorites gone ahead but others here love me as well, maybe not to their degree but I leaned what real companionship and devotion was.

10- Helping others especially children,. This has been my work for nearly 50 years in some capacity or another . It  is what I'm born to do . I am about to begin a new job helping children's families  get back on their feet.

11-Early morning its quietude

12-birds. I have a plethora of cardinals but am fascinated always by the songs of birds.

13-caring in any form. I have a card angel who sent me a book this week on my darkest of days,

just a few**

6 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful favorite things. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! I put my comment in the wrong place. I believe it's on your previous post. So sorry about that. I mentioned about how much I love rain. We have a lot of favorite things in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a moon this week? It's been so overcast here lately, all we see are clouds. Rain and bodies of water -- large or small -- are two of my favorite things. Though my state is landlocked, I live in a city surrounded by water. My post: Autumn Leaves

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon has been pretty here this week too. I have to agree with you about mountains. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto and ditto on most of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a lovely list. I love rain and trees, flowers and mountains, streams and pets too. Bless your heart for working with children and their families.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...