Food for Thought
Paraprosdokians are figures of speech; in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected and is frequently humorous. (Winston Churchill loved them).
. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
2. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
3. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
4. We never really grow up -- we only learn how to act in public.
5. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
6To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
7. I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was blaming you.
8. In filling out an application, where it says, "In case of emergency, notify..." I answered "a doctor."
9.. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
10. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
11. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
12. You're never too old to learn something stupid.
13 I'm supposed to respect my elders; but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.