Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday 13-Natural Toothache remedies until you get to a dentist for pain

I have a blood disease therefore get tooth aches middle of night whether they are gone or not , so have learned many natural pain remedies when orajel or anbesol is not enough so that I can sleep


Do not swallow liquids, spit out when done.
  1. Salt Water: Mix a heaping spoonful of salt in a small glass of lukewarm to warm water, swoosh around inside your mouth for as long as you can, spit out. Repeat a couple times.
  2. Cloves: This is an old timer’s remedy, rest a clove against the sore area until pain goes away. You can also use a drop or two of clove oil (too much can be toxic) or make a thick paste of ground cloves and water or ground cloves and olive oil.
  3. Alcohol: Swoosh a bit of whiskey, scotch, brandy or vodka. A strong mouthwash that contains alcohol will do the trick too.
  4. Hydrogen Peroxide: Swoosh a bit of hydrogen peroxide. If the taste is too horrid for you, try diluting with a bit of water.
  5. Vanilla Extract: Saturate a cotton ball with vanilla and hold in place. Can also use a cotton swab dipped in extract.
  6. Almond Extract: Same method of treatment as with Vanilla (above).
  7. Peppermint Extract: Same as with Vanilla (above).
  8. Lemon Extract: Same as with Vanilla (above).
  9. Tea Tree Oil: Just a drop or two will do the trick. You can also add some to a cotton swab and hold in place or add a few drops of tea tree oil to a small glass of lukewarm to warm water and swoosh this around.
  10. Oil Of Oregano: Mix a few drops with a bit of olive oil, then saturate a cotton ball with mixture. Can replace the olive oil with lukewarm water if preferred.
  11. Apple Cider Vinegar: Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and hold it in place. Can also try regular household vinegar.
  12. Ginger Root: Take a fresh piece of ginger and chew it a bit.
  13. Garlic: Take a clove of garlic, smash it and apply (settle it inside cheek). You can also mash some garlic with salt.
**The one that works best for me is gargling cayenne pepper

9 comments:

  1. I can't imagine gargling cayenne pepper! Yikes! Although I will do a sore throat gargle of vinegar, honey, salt and tabasco sauce. Great hints! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! There is nothing worse than a toothache. And I would rather go to a Doctor than Dentist any day of the week. Something about the sound of the drill is like fingernails sliding down a chalkboard. It gives me shivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blood disease causes toothaches? Where there are teeth or not? I can't imagine going through that. Is it tooth sensitivity?
    My link to TT was wrong. It is http://www.looseleafnotes.com/2013/10/13-the-halloween-countdown/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't gargling pepper just replace one hurt for another?

    - Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew about #4, but who knew about 5-8?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cayenne pepper has a curative property- mixed with water and gargled every 15 minutes will dispel a siore throat and sometimes tooth depending upon your immune system.It's my go to gargle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this Sandy, hope you get rid of that tooth ache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm kind of Heather's opposite. I knew most but didn't know no. 4. I like tea tree oil.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your blog. Great article. It's most evident, people should learn before they are able to Risk Factors Associated with TMJ Syndrome

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...