Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday 13- I eat mostly vegetables in some way or another mostly pureed or in juice due to my illness, but maybe because my dad was a truck farmer or whatever reason I love to see all foods growing .I find them to be so pleasingly fascinating and comforting

 ah cocoa beans inside those beauties  growing everywhere !!

 Capers extremely  interesting - at the end of stem

Fields of gorgeous inviting purple leeks
 Saffron at the very center of that crocus
 Chickpeas in abundance
 Arugula- many people  think grows in bunches but it is a single  plant  leaf

 Hello Brussel sprouts  you look like little trees
 Artichokes so lovely
 Celery could be a bouquet

 persimmon bushes so lovely  I have one
 I always though kiwis grew on trees - nada vines like grapes




 cashews

 peppercorns

 Asparagus  mini trees , imagine all the other varieties white purple etc lovely


5 comments:

  1. These are so deserving of our reverence. I never knew artichokes looked like that, capers, kiwi or cashews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are leeks?! Cool!

    I also thought kiwi grew on trees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew peppercorns grew in bunches like grapes (other than people who actually eat them)? My T13

    ReplyDelete
  4. An important post. We're so far removed from our food that most people would not recognize an edible plant if it leapt up and bit them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have recgnized the cacao from pictures my daughter took in Jamaica and I've seen it growing in Belize, but none around where I live. In fact, most of those probably don't grow where I live. I found this so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...