Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday 13- Every year I get rid of more and more- donate, give to family , I live a minimalist life

Traits of a minimalist***

 stop buying unnecessary

toss half your stuff - you do not need it all

learn peace in contentedness

reduce half your things AGAIN

List 4 big essentials in your life and do these first 

Stop doing non essential things

Clear your desk and life of distractions 

Focus and live in the moment  , memorize it 

let go of attachment to doing and having !!

Fall in love with less

See how  lovely objects in your home stand out more with less around them 

remove clutter in every room

Will this food add fuel to my life ??

(Think how much easier cleaning will be ??)

“Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.” —Will Rogers


The average American home size has doubled in the past 50 years. Still10% of households rent offsite storage and 25% of homeowners with two-car garages can’t park cars in them. 76% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck. And the average US household credit card debt stands at$15,191.



5 comments:

  1. So we are on opposite ends of the junk spectrum. I do the reduce and reduce again thing, but that only lets me get close enough to the floor to vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm somewhere in between you and Alice. While I may have a lot of stuff (and I got rid of A LOT when I moved two years ago), it is all neatly organized and has not taken over my apartment. <a href="http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/2014/04/thursday-thirteen-330-recently-read.html>My T13: Recently Read</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops... Corrected link: <a href="http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/2014/04/thursday-thirteen-330-recently-read.html”>My T13</a>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have too much stuff but not so much that I am a hoarder or anything. But having lived in one spot for 27 years does lend itself to accumulation. I really need to downsize but lack the physical stamina to do it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not good at any of these. Maybe I'll try to pick 3 to do. I know I need to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...