Thursday, March 13, 2014

13 traits of people from small towns like mine Quiet Dell, Wva.( maybe a hundred people- my one room school on the National Register and the spot for a book called Quiet Dell by my former student Jayne Ann Phillips

                                                                   
the victims

12- people know when you need help and you don't even have to ask

13- Every body knows YOUR NAME

 (***I have just learned that a former student Jayne Anne Phillips has written her 9th book about my little unincorporated place Quiet Dell .It is based on the Lonely Hearts Bluebeard killer Harry Powers, Jr.who killed families after luring them to him -  my father helped capture him. Book released late 2013)

10 comments:

  1. Exactly the way it is. All that closeness does not mean it's all positive but it is better than other alternatives for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I identify with a few of these - especially the one about waving at folks. My husband still doesn't get why I do it when we visit the US. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days I'm glad I didn't grow up in a small town, and others... While I like some of the conveniences of my mid-sized city, there are days when moving to a small town has its appeal. My T13

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big day out: driving "down to the village."

    ReplyDelete
  6. McDonalds should always be that far away. I'm small town as revealed by all the waving while driving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You mean you east coasters are the same? I thought you had too high a population density to be familiar with this stuff. (So sayeth the Montana girl)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm small town, too. The books sounds interesting. I hope your friend is successful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quiet Dell. Oh I love that name. I love small towns. One day when I retire I'm going back to one. The last one about small town on calling a wrong number and knowing who called sounds really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quiet Dell. Oh, I love the name. I prefer small towns. One day when I retire I'm going to live in one. The last one about small town on calling a wrong number ... sounds really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...