Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday 13 or maybe I'll call it -13 degrees Probably one of my favorite posts ever- what happens to a bubble throughout a night of below freezing temperatures

Various phases of a simple bubble that freezes during the night- Quite a great science experiment

                                                                       crack
                                                      Becoming ice and crystallizing
                                                                 crystal bubble
                                                                                almost gone


                                          Somehwere near dawn, the bubble begins to break like glass






















                                                                           Let's begin




 Inside the crystal bubble






                                                              A scientific wonder


* I blew a bubble into the air, and there it changed into another thing of beauty - a crystal orb

7 comments:

  1. OOOOOh. I'm going out to blow some bubbles right now! Yeah, it's about 13 degrees out, if that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting experiment and beautiful photos. My TT is up, http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/01/thursday-thirteen-13-tips-on-getting.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I gotta go try this. Not that the real thing would be anywhere near as good at the pictures, but I gotta see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are awesome. I want to go out an experiment right now but we don't have any snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool. You have the most interesting posts. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beauty of science!! These are wonderful. You're so creative!!

    My Thursday 13 List

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very cool experiment. I would like to give that a try just for the photos, but it is too darned cold outside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...