Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday 13- 13 ideas you might like to try at home 7 bonuses lol





The simplest way to slice a bunch of cherry tomatoes is to sandwich them between two plastic lids and run a long knife through all of them at once!

Via Food52.com

Keep brown sugar soft by storing with a couple of marshmallows

Via Storage and Glee

Far cheaper than having coloured keys specially cut!

Via The Chive

Install a regular coat rack low down the wall to store shoes safely of the floor

Via Destination Unknown


Repurpose a cereal canister as a trash can for the car

Via BHG.com


Deodorize sponges in the microwave. Soak in water spiked with white vinegar or lemon juice and put on fill power for one minute. Use tongs to remove as it will be hot!

Via Shine


Use a magnetic strip to store bobby pins on inside of a cupboard.

Via Superwoman


...Or store them in an empty Tic-Tac dispenser!

Via One Frugal Chick

Clean cat litter trays quickly by lining with a garbage bag.

Via DIY Tip of the Day

Use a Post-It note when drilling to catch the dust

Via Lifehacker

Organize jewellery on a corkboard for easy viewing when deciding how to accessorize an outfit

Via  Dee Gater

Repurpose an old picture frame as a serving tray

Via Camp Granma


Boil orange peel and cloves to get rid of unpleasant smells in the kitchen.

Via Heart of a Country Home


"File" clothes vertically in drawers so you can see your clothes at a glance.

Via Chasing Cheerios


Fill an old box with skewers to make an all-purpose knife block

Via The Daily What


Hang onions in cut-up tights or old stockings to make them last for months!

Via BuzzFeed

Create a thrifty watering can by puncturing holes in the top of a used milk bottle.

Via A Journey to a Dream

Use a paper plate to prevent splatters when using an electric whisk.

Via Cooking Club

Store cupcake and muffin cases in a mason jar

Via Table for Two
Remove pet hair from furniture and carpets with a squeegee

4 comments:

  1. The only problem with the brown sugar tip is that marshmallows do grow stale and hard. My T13

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the corkboard idea for jewelry and have used a magnet for straight pins. My drawers are the least of my problems...thank God I can close the drawer and forget about the mess inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been whacking my brains looking at my disorganized necklaces and ear rings; will give the corkboard a try. And I'll make use of all these nail polish in my dresser too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...