Sunday, November 10, 2013

Are you a sympathetic listener??

One of my great pet peeves is people are just too in a hurry to listen ..or who are not concentrating when you talk.I am deemed by many as a great listener .why I genuinely care. I give you my whole self .I am totally in that moment !!

You could have a keen sense of awareness of the needs of the people who are close to you today which could make you more understanding of how to care for and give support to them. Maybe because the nature of your relationship is so close, you might be able to anticipate the problems and feelings your loved ones have. Perhaps, though, today you can just focus on really listening to the people you care about. Should they express any concerns, doubts, or misgivings, rather than giving them advice, simply lend them your ear. You might even try asking them further how what they are experiencing makes them feel. While you may think that sympathy involves giving advice or sharing your own story, you could notice that just being there can be the best form of empathy you can give.

Being conscious of the way we are present to others allows us to truly demonstrate our compassion. Although we many not be aware of it, there are probably times when other people share their feelings with us when we jump right in with expressions of sympathy – often in the form of talking about ourselves and our experiences. Simply listening, though, gives the other person a safe means to the talk about their own selves without any fear of reprisal, that is, that they should act or think in a certain way. The more thoughtful you are, the more encouragement and support you will be able to give today.


I am your safety confidential net...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...