Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday 13- Thirteen Reasons I resisted my birthday ( tongue in cheek )

****Today is my 70th birthday - a miracle as I've been dancing with cancer for 11 years and my husband passed after 2 months. We were diagnosed the same time Sept 2002 . He lasted 2 months . It took a lot from me , I no longer can drive far, fall asleep even just at home, cannot swallow much food, lost teeth , hair , eyesight (good(- job get sick often--but my sense of humor and faith are strongly in tact. I'm always looking for new adventures, though my financial road is very hard..For some strange reason this number 70 I did not want to come ??why ?? odd- really 

1- I think 2014 sounds like a magical year and number  could that be it ??Wait .no 2013  let's do it next year.!!

2- I had hopes for some other celebrations and life choices no longer affordable or physically feasible

3-I can't go back to the age 60's  decade which FLEW by !!!!!!!!!!!

4- I get somewhat embarrassed when people make a fuss, as I'm sure the loudspeaker will blare at  swim meet tonight .(I've nixed a party )

5-I wanted to do something  just for ME,,but financially just cannot - goes to bills

6-It's all so fast , so very fast and I am and always have been a live in the moment person- I just can't slow it down.

7- I'm a little scared after last year's birthday . A favorite student died the day before and I was too weak to even walk in the hospital door where I spent last year's birthday and all money ...

8- My family is away and that hurts. 

9- I had hoped to make a little progress on repairs on my home but overwhelming and I just must settle as droves of people have come by for weeks.

10  A favorite student is succumbing to dmd and I made a video for him. I want to hold him forever.(I guess secretly I know there may not be a next year for him or many others really)

11- ?Who the heck is that person in my mirror??

12-It costs too much to have a birthday - need new license $55.25, glasses  and exam $250.00 , new tag $90.00  Geez.

13- There is a big mistake , I'm only 16 !!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sandy! I hope 2014 will be a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so young at heart, Sandy. I am right behind you in the 60's that are whirring by! My challenges are not as hard. I admire the way you face them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently discovered I'm not 16 anymore. The older I get, the smaller time gets.

    Hugs of the health and the finances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a decade's a blink long. it doesn't seem right at all.

    hope your 2014 has thrilling satisfying times to offset all the upsets. people keep dying. they need to all stop that now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Sandy! 70 is grand!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...