Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday 13 - Proofreader please help

We've all done it, no adverb , misplaced modifier and hilarity ensues . you be the judge.I am Wva, Fl and Pa and can say some doozies in my free spirited style as well///




1"TOILET OUT OF ORDER.  PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW"



2AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT






3AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD





4Spotted in a safari park:
ELEPHANTS, PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR





5THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES.



6IF YOU CANNOT READ, THIS LEAFLET WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET LESSONS














7Miners Refuse to Work after Death



8Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
( I see this often in papers)












9Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges



10Man Struck By Lightning:Faces Battery Charge









11Kids Make Nutritious Snacks



12Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half


13Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors

Just yesterday I said I had a telephone technician at my house.





10 comments:

  1. Fascinating. How you you headline #11 and 13?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny language English is. It's like it's on purpose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these sorts of things - and I see some hilarious examples here in Italy sometimes, too. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg hahaha the last one really made me laugh!!! And yes, those are beet eggs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some excellent examples of why proofreading is important. Number eleven seems to be channeling Jonathon Swift's "A Modest Proposal."

    ReplyDelete
  6. At our local laundromat, there's a (truncated?) sign that read, "The owners are not responsible."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were funny. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grin. These are fun, but number two is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2013/04/on-vacation.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd think #12 would reduce the drop out rate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...