Wednesday, October 24, 2018

13 months since Hurricane Irma and 13 signs of daftness , insanity or progress

I lost my home but not my life in hours of 135mph winds last September 2017(6th hurricance and much more damage, no problem I have insurance )

Sorry no, big deductible and only the outside insured  and changed by your mortgage co and the government in 2016 -surprise 

Hello Fema  and 5 inspectors from Us Gov, Fl , local, habitat,Ins co

Because you decided to live in 1 room in the back of house, no money for you says Fema..

You try to sue us we have no money -insurance co 

Pay for $99,901 in repairs up front then we will reimburse you $4.767 -- mortgage co via HUD

March 2018 decide to leave house and use gov disaster loan to buy new place - cash is so fluid from Miami etc  realtors will not take government loan(tried 3 months until it was just too demeaning)


April 2018 contact local inspector and ask him to at least get me safe as hurricane season is approaching (no show  week after week then finishes roof august  2018- assigned a lawyer by US government -contact local senators 

Pay horrendous amts to take debris away and clean up so I do not fall, septic problem- fix that 

Interview tons of construction people who say too much and shake their heads- never hear from them again,week after week..

Air installed September 2018.awaiitng driveway , garage door, property all outside, porches and 9 rooms, complete rebuild . 

Demolition begins Monday Oct 22.,2018.They will build me an apartment in the back and build around me using   a government loan .I am either the nuttiest or the most patient person, but I did go through a dark  couple of  months, when I was so discriminated against .Thank you God for David Castillo, Ismael Rivera, Jonathan Btritto,Jose Colon and team AG Remodeling and Construction sent to me by my beloved friend Jan.For a long time I took the lACK OF CALLING ME BACK AND CARRYING THROUGH PERSONALLY UNTIL I LEARNED IT HAPPENED TO MANY. I wanted to have a Kick Irma to the Curb party  in September but that passed so now I will have an open house to advertise and thank all the workers who are not afraid of hard work. somewhere in  the new year photos to follow.


She lives happily ever after until next hurricane .



2 rooms completed  by Monday !!diligent workers 

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea! You should write a book. It shouldn't have to be that hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no it should not be this hard for any person let alone age 75

      Delete
  2. I had no idea, either, Sandy. I think you'd mentioned a little damage but I never dreamed it was anything that severe. I wish I'd have known; I have a nephew down that way, maybe he could have helped, I don't know. Or we could start you a GoFundMe page . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so demoralizing. Good for you for sticking it through, and thank goodness your friend made a recommendation that worked out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...