Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thursday 13- a look at Maude White paper cutting art- created with a surgical knife

Maude White is an incredible paper cutting artist from Buffalo, New York. She uses a surgical knife to make precise cuts into paper that play with positive and negative space.  In an interview with Art Voice, White says she enjoys the challenge and permanence of paper cutting, where an artist must live with every knife stroke. Once a cut has been made, there’s no going  back.













5 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC! I love the flowers and want to hold one. I'm taking not of the line "once a cut has been made, there's no going back."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Love the flowers and the dragon. My T13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! How amazing. I am stunned at this art and its beauty and patience. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "A thing of beauty is a joy forever." (the ever lovely Keats)
    Wow these are gorgeous things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One slip and it's ovah. Just elegant. I love all of them but the last, with the girl and the dragon, well...that's incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...