Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday 13- Thirteen looks at snow flakes

 1 bonus because it is so lovely


 Taken in the 50's on slides


 They look fake but are all real






 This is the snowflake on my friend's coat  that started it all
******
RIGHT ABOVE ON HER COAT SLEEVE***a few weeks ago  a friend sent me a most geometrical first flake of the day in Ohio. It got me to thinking , yes when I was a little lady in Wva, I loved the heavens' flakes falling down upon me. I  loved catching them on my tongue, making wet snowballs and snowmen- but I really missed their intrinsic beauty . so I went to studying and sure enough MSNBC had snowfalke slides frpm the 50-'s and I found some other  slides and pictures at different speeds. The amazing part is THEY ARE aLL REAL FLAKES  not reproductions  like the ones on my Christmas tree. Real= Enjoy .. The black and whites are from the 50's and the newer ones are mostly photographs ..I have marked the one from my friend .Thank you for these  and  photogragher Nancy Rose as well and others.

7 comments:

  1. Exquisitely beautiful - and all part of why I love the Winter so, so much. Thanks for finding these to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved photographs of snowflakes and ice-covered trees. Thanks for sharing. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful. I have never tried to photograph a single flake - I will have to add that to my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... all those are real?? I particularly love the first 'blue' slide snowflake and that slightly fuzzy white on black is gorgeous!!

    They are so difficult to photograph. I remember catching them on sheets of black card in my first primary school, and how wonderful it was trying to see all the different shapes before they melted!

    Thanks for sharing these incredible images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you beforehand for genuine, positive , make me happy today comments

Thoughts on Christmas new Thursday 13

Christmas comes so very fast.I want to hold it in my heart all year Mr. Dickens I really do . I have been extremely ill so it is a particula...